Kathy Welter-Nichols, CHT, HBCE, is a Master Hypnotist, Clinical Hypnotherapist, Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) Master Practitioner, & Licensed Trainer of NLP. Design Human Engineering (DHE) Specialist, Certified HypnoBirthing Educator, and Certified Doula and IEMT practitioner. Profoundly focused on taking women back into their personal place of power, Kathy is the co-owner of Thought Models, Ways of the Wise Woman & Just Be Well Canada. Her recent programs include “Bulimia Breakthrough” a three day intervention for women suffering from Eating Disorders. She is the co-creator of Shaman Inside, and Mastery of Deep Trance States ® programs for individuals seeking to know themselves at the deepest levels. These programs are available in the UK, Italy, Peru as well as in Canada. She has received the Volunteer of the Year Award – Spirit of Community for her contributions to her community in selfless giving to those experiencing life threatening illness.
Kathy’s writings include: Bulimia Breakthrough; Soul Maps the Overlay of Consciousness; Shaman Inside; Mastery of Deep Trance States® ; My Birth, My Way; Meditation, the Way of Effortless. In addition, Kathy has an extensive number of CD’s & MP3’s for personal improvement, birth preparation, increasing self esteem, reducing stress, and targeting specific issues like smoking, habits and OCD.
Kathy’s attends her births as labour support and uses NLP and Hypnosis to assist mothers in preparation for birth and during birth – advancing mothers into states that enable them to go beyond their belief maps; their own internal fears are set aside and they experience birth and themselves in an entirely new way. Doctors and midwives alike have remarked on Kathy’s skill and calming presence in the birthing room assisting mothers and fathers to create remarkable birth experiences.
In addition to training couples in hypnobirthing, Kathy offers programs for VBAC moms and for those experiencing postpartum depression. She sees clients one on one in Vancouver, and has an active practice providing treatment for a variety of issues that are easily resolved in 3-4 sessions. She lives and works with her husband Harry Nichols in Vancouver, B.C. Canada. They have two children and three granddaughters!
To contact Kathy: firstname.lastname@example.org, 1.604.421.1722; SKYPE, or on the websites
NLP: A Birth Model for Change
The current model of birth is as deep a belief structure as the structure of our very nature. Trusting your body, trusting your mind and trusting your baby are entirely new concepts in the birthing world today. Making changes at this very core level takes skill and dedication.
In this two-part workshop series, Kathy Welter-Nichols introduces participants to a number of new technologies and science models that support gentle birthing practices, and explain why fear is so deeply enhanced through suggestion during birth.
In these two experiential online workshops, Kathy:
- Reviews the effects of adrenaline and stress hormones and how these triggered responses are the foundation for the setting and seeding of misdirection during birth through the simple use of language; she also explains the use of language as a positive influence on a mother’s sense of well- being and the resultant effect on the brain’s chemistry.
- Demonstrates how fear and the suggestion of something going wrong interrupt the limbic brain function; and when the limbic brain function is clouded or in retreat, how the fight or flight responses in the reptilian brain take over and slow and delay labor.
- Presents the latest evidence from leading scientists and biologists that support a change in the brain chemistry, and how this will change the person’s belief about that experience.
- Explains why women fall captive to the idea of pain and suffering and loss through mere suggestion during the intense experience of pregnancy and labor.
- Examines the affect of positive suggestion, and how helping a woman remain calm, focused, relaxed and in touch with her body and her baby, encourages the natural responses in the woman’s body to release her infant in shorter times with less intense discomfort.
- Shows how by utilizing the concepts of “mirror neurons” to connect with the infant, the mother both participates and guides her infant through the birthing process.
- Teaches care providers, mothers and fathers to release whatever might be blocking them from achieving their birth experience, their way.
Listen to Kathy Welter-Nichols’ NLP Beach Induction in mp3!
Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) refers to language (words, as well as other symbol systems, such as physical posture, gestures and related non-verbal forms of communication) as a function of the nervous system and its transformation into ‘subjective experience’. Put more simply, it focuses on the way we use our five senses to create an internal map of our reality, which we then use to navigate our way through the world. It is a basic premise of NLP that the quality of our ‘maps’ dictates the quality of our lives.
The findings of this workshop series are based in the training Kathy has provided for women and in her own in depth study of the triune brain system, archetypal studies, and the myths of our feminine and masculine that are playing out today in the birthing dramas we see on television and in the labor rooms in hospitals and birthing centers.
Midwives, nurses, obstetricians and parents that Kathy has birthed with have seen the difference and remarked at the presence of the mother, the control she has during the birth experience and ultimately the incredible bonds that occur with both mother and infant un-medicated through relatively short labors. Science as the partner in birth takes on a whole new relevance in support of this model for change.
Time after time, mothers under this kind of guidance give birth with success and empowerment. If these techniques are that effective, why aren’t more women choosing this path to birth?
This is a 3-hour prerecorded program.
Certificate of Completion: $7.50 (completion of post-session questionnaire required).
Continuing Education Units are available for some professional groups. To view a listing of CEU opportunities, click here.