The current model of birth is as deep a belief structure as the structure of our very nature. Trusting your body, trusting your mind and trusting your baby are entirely new concepts in the birthing world today. Making changes at this very core level takes skill and dedication.
In this two-part workshop series, Kathy Welter-Nichols introduces participants to a number of new technologies and science models that support gentle birthing practices, and explain why fear is so deeply enhanced through suggestion during birth.
In these two experiential online workshops, Kathy:
- Reviews the effects of adrenaline and stress hormones and how these triggered responses are the foundation for the setting and seeding of misdirection during birth through the simple use of language; she also explains the use of language as a positive influence on a mother’s sense of well- being and the resultant effect on the brain’s chemistry.
- Demonstrates how fear and the suggestion of something going wrong interrupt the limbic brain function; and when the limbic brain function is clouded or in retreat, how the fight or flight responses in the reptilian brain take over and slow and delay labor.
- Presents the latest evidence from leading scientists and biologists that support a change in the brain chemistry, and how this will change the person’s belief about that experience.
- Explains why women fall captive to the idea of pain and suffering and loss through mere suggestion during the intense experience of pregnancy and labor.
- Examines the affect of positive suggestion, and how helping a woman remain calm, focused, relaxed and in touch with her body and her baby, encourages the natural responses in the woman’s body to release her infant in shorter times with less intense discomfort.
- Shows how by utilizing the concepts of “mirror neurons” to connect with the infant, the mother both participates and guides her infant through the birthing process.
- Teaches care providers, mothers and fathers to release whatever might be blocking them from achieving their birth experience, their way.
Listen to Kathy Welter-Nichols’ NLP Beach Induction in mp3!
Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) refers to language (words, as well as other symbol systems, such as physical posture, gestures and related non-verbal forms of communication) as a function of the nervous system and its transformation into ‘subjective experience’. Put more simply, it focuses on the way we use our five senses to create an internal map of our reality, which we then use to navigate our way through the world. It is a basic premise of NLP that the quality of our ‘maps’ dictates the quality of our lives.
The findings of this workshop series are based in the training Kathy has provided for women and in her own in depth study of the triune brain system, archetypal studies, and the myths of our feminine and masculine that are playing out today in the birthing dramas we see on television and in the labor rooms in hospitals and birthing centers.
Get certified as an NLP practitioner! Click here to learn more.
Midwives, nurses, obstetricians and parents that Kathy has birthed with have seen the difference and remarked at the presence of the mother, the control she has during the birth experience and ultimately the incredible bonds that occur with both mother and infant un-medicated through relatively short labors. Science as the partner in birth takes on a whole new relevance in support of this model for change.
Time after time, mothers under this kind of guidance give birth with success and empowerment. If these techniques are that effective, why aren’t more women choosing this path to birth?
This presentation is 180 minutes in length (90 minutes for Part I, 90 minutes for Part II).
Certificate of Completion: $7.50 (completion of post-session questionnaire required).
Continuing Education Units are available for some professional groups. To view a listing of CEU opportunities, click here.